Ballwin Athletic Association's umpire program is run by members of the Board of Directors.
Minimum age 13
All umpires new to umpiring and/or to the association are required to attend the testing and training sessions prior to each season. Testing and training for the Spring/Summer season is held in late February and early March. Testing and training for the Fall season is held at the end of July. BAA does accept experienced umpires throughout each season.
All umpires are ranked by the age group that they are qualified to umpire.
Qualifications and influence of ranking include:
- THIS YEAR: Game pay will be dependent on training attendance for ALL umpires
- Knowledge of the rules
- Field performance (positioning, presence, form, handling of situations
- Promptness (to ball park and to field)
- Being respectful at all times (to managers, supervisors, other umpires....at all times)
- Neatness (uniform and umpire room)
- Age of umpire
All umpires who wish to umpire at BAA must have a registration form on file. Please see the form attached to this page.
If you have any questions you may contact the park administrator at email@example.com
The umpire committee thanks you.
Pat Murphy (UIC)